Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Contemplating chaos

I’m having a difficult time trying to make sense of a report that was recently produced which is supposed to provide a five year sustainable plan for Auroville agriculture. The report has some very interesting nuggets of insight as well as data about our unsustainable diets which the whole community needs to know about. Trouble is it doesn’t hang together very well and if there is an overall plan in the report its not very evident.

I very unwisely volunteered to try and find a way of synthesising all the data and recommendations and fear that I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Sitting and looking at the report and trying to work out how all the disparate pieces can be brought together has made me more confused than ever.

So I have decided to stop trying to think it through intellectually and look at it like I might look at a forest. At first the forest looks quite chaotic, but if you sit and look at it long enough you see how everything hangs together in an interconnected web.

No comments:

Post a Comment